Monday, March 2, 2009

Holy shit! What's in there?

So last night after a drink Uh hum, I mean a few I realized that something was definitely wrong with my garbage disposal. The spinney thing, a.k.a the blade, was no longer a spinning. I had put some lemons in there earlier. I like to grind them up because they make it smell better/ a.k.a eliminate odor. (This is according to one of my favorite movies). THE BANGER SISTERS.
So I removed the lemons, and I got a wooden spoon and tried to manually turn the blade. Nothing. So I got down underneath the sink and pushed the reset button. Still nothing. Fucking A I thought. It was late and I was drunk. I really didn't feel like putting my hand in there. God forbid I touched something gross and break a nail. So in true fashion I decided to be like SCARLET O'HARA and "Worry about it tomorrow".
When I woke up I remembered the whole spinney thing debacle.
I decided to Cowboy up and tackle it head on. I put my hand in there and discovered something soft and mushy. ( To quote my B.F.F AUDRA.... Horrifying! I thought at first that it might be a mouse. I WAS VERY, VERY, SCARED. ( In the past, I have had problems with mice and appliances). Let me tell you..... It was not pretty.
So I touched this slimy apparatus, grimacing the whole time. I am imagining a little mice body all mangled, and bloody, wondering if it was too early to call on my dyke neighbor. This would definitely be a job for her.In the end, I talked myself through it.
I pull and I pull, and I can feel it give a little bit. Then I start to think "Holy shit am I pulling on some part of the rubber casing ?". I am so grossed out, I am almost puking. Dry heaves, I tell you, dry heaves. Finally the culprit is revealed. I couldn't believe my eyes! Are you ready for this? Can you guess what it was?

Now to be fair neither Linda or Lynn know this story. Shocking I know. I will say that the person responsible...... His name starts with the letter Cameron. Any takers? Scroll down if you want to know.





Yes It was a sock. A black and white striped sock if you must know. One of Cameron's and one that I had been looking for. Can you believe it? You would have to know Cameron to appreciate this. Never in my wildest dreams did I anticipate a sock! If cameron had been my first child..... He would have been my last. He puts Dyllan to shame.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry dude, but the link you put on your other blog, doesn't take you to this post. Maybe you can correct that.
    How in the world did Cameron get up to the sink and push that sock down the disposal? Is he tall enough to do that? And where was the adult supervision? :) That is very dangerous-geeze. Imagine him flipping that switch to turn the disposal on....
    Glad you were able to pull it out of there before serious damage was done. Can't imagine the landlords would be too happy about that repair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I was about to puke just reading this. I was imagining the worst--the worst grossest thing ever! Im glad you got it out. I have grbage disposal stories from hell and they were all my fault!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lordy!! I'm glad Cameron didnt get hurt when he put socks in! whew.. Glad you got it out even tho its yeww grosss!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, you haven't seen him in awhile and he is tall enough to reach. As four the adult supervision... I was out on my patio, smoking like a chimmney, and eating pringles. After all, you know how I heart my pringles. HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO. only at your house does a sock end up in the garbage disposal...lol
    Love the new blog BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEEWWWW! That would've done me in--yuck! While that is gross, I am so glad it wasn't a mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny . I was so imaging a mouse but a sock wow

    ReplyDelete

Come on, You know you want to talk smack.